The staff of High Country News discuss the inherent paradoxes in the president-elect’s campaign promises.
Keeping track of rulemaking, policy decisions and other last actions before the Trump administration’s inauguration.
Will laid-off energy workers get their jobs back? No. Regulations have nothing to do with this bust.
A new book makes a case for optimism in the basin, but the threat of water battles will always be around.
- Steve Snyder on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report
- Dale Lockwood on Trump’s pick to head the EPA? A man who’s suing it.
- Steve Snyder on Pipeline protesters seek refuge from the cold
- Richard Clough on Trump’s pick to head the EPA? A man who’s suing it.
- Mike McLaughlin on How to love a weird and perfect wilderness