The Arizona Border Recon aims to provide intel and back-up for federal officers at the U.S.-Mexican border.
In the Central Valley, oil and agriculture both support and harm communities, making air pollution a complex problem.
Q&A with photographer David T. Hanson about his new book, ‘Wilderness to Wasteland,’ which shows a dystopian side of progress.
Over 11.5 million people live in poverty in Western states; here are intimate portraits of their communities.
- Bradley Goodman on How can "woofers" stay on the farm?
- Rod Farlee on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- Joe Cosentino on New measures could reduce Glen Canyon Dam’s impact on the Grand Canyon — a bit
- Mark Bailey on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Spencer Kluesner on Latest: The BLM to study surgical sterilization of wild horses