A recent study documents the butterfly’s decline, while a new project looks at how to improve its population.
Senior scientist Jay Famiglietti’s research looks at the West and the world’s dwindling water resources.
A new study from the Energy Information Administration finds the Clean Power Plan speeds coal’s decline.
In Oregon, a cluster of lakes is drying up — with dire impacts for the millions of migrating birds that survive off them.
Urban sprawl, energy development, agriculture and forestry have an ever-larger footprint on the West.
- Robin Switzer on Humans and ecosystems mix it up on the U.S. - Mexico Borderlands
- Mark York on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Greg Arnold on New allegations of sexual harassment in Yosemite, Yellowstone
- Sophia Bogner on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Carolyn Poissant on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman