Urban sprawl, energy development, agriculture and forestry have an ever-larger footprint on the West.
Ocean acidification, driven by global fossil fuel emissions, is being exacerbated by local pollution.
Some scientists are replacing sardines and anchovies with soybeans and corn as food for farmed fish.
Scientific inquiry is a process of constant revision. And revision is where the most intriguing discoveries happen.
A new report shows most states are vulnerable to future increases in extreme heat, drought, and flooding.
- Colleen Cabot on Meet the group that’s turning artists into nature’s advocates
- Jim Bolen on Land transfer battles rage on, county by county
- Jim Bolen on Go ahead, control my guns
- Mark Rozman on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- Jim Brandau on The Park Service doesn’t need corporate sponsorship. It needs proper funding.