A recent study documents the butterfly’s decline, while a new project looks at how to improve its population.
Senior scientist Jay Famiglietti’s research looks at the West and the world’s dwindling water resources.
A new study from the Energy Information Administration finds the Clean Power Plan speeds coal’s decline.
In Oregon, a cluster of lakes is drying up — with dire impacts for the millions of migrating birds that survive off them.
Urban sprawl, energy development, agriculture and forestry have an ever-larger footprint on the West.
- Stuart Hurlbert on On those who live and die along the border
- Larry Glickfeld on Trekking across Colorado’s fragmented wildernesses
- Yue Li on On those who live and die along the border
- Shelley Stallings on Photos: Diving for delicacies
- Mark York on Getting over the ‘taboo’ in a gun-rights conversation