The floods plaguing the U.S. today are largely the result of the dam-building flurry that began about 60 years ago under the Pick-Sloan Plan.
The essays in Page Stegner’s Adios Amigos celebrate the fragile beauty of Western rivers and the lives of the artists and explorers who journeyed down them.
Fish and Wildlife Service biologists in talks with Army Corps over Missouri River; Wyoming rancher Frank Robbins holds protest rally; "Volunteer Grazing Permit Buying Act" in Congress; and Interior ordered to pay tribes $2 million to make up for drilling
- Jim Scarborough on Rural counties dealing with loss of fed dollars
- Len Newton on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep
- irene gilbert on Critical mule deer research relies on fundraising