As the Latino population of Nebraska grows, some locals worry, while others rejoice in the state's increasing diversity.
David Madrid has become a student again, a 30-year-old former dropout now eagerly working for his high school diploma.
Arizona Congressman Raul Grijalva loves fighting for old-fashioned liberal causes like immigration rights, the environment, unions and strong social programs
Once in the U.S., immigrants find themselves in a land of contradictions, facing an uncertain welcome, sometimes even from other Latinos
This special issue of High Country News takes an on-the-ground look at the human landscape of illegal immigration in the West
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation