As the Latino population of Nebraska grows, some locals worry, while others rejoice in the state's increasing diversity.
David Madrid has become a student again, a 30-year-old former dropout now eagerly working for his high school diploma.
Arizona Congressman Raul Grijalva loves fighting for old-fashioned liberal causes like immigration rights, the environment, unions and strong social programs
Once in the U.S., immigrants find themselves in a land of contradictions, facing an uncertain welcome, sometimes even from other Latinos
This special issue of High Country News takes an on-the-ground look at the human landscape of illegal immigration in the West
- Traci Amborn on Fracking is the big new gun
- Deb Dedon on Should the president of the Navajo Nation speak Navajo?
- Deb O'Neill on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Bill Williams on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation