As the Latino population of Nebraska grows, some locals worry, while others rejoice in the state's increasing diversity.
David Madrid has become a student again, a 30-year-old former dropout now eagerly working for his high school diploma.
Arizona Congressman Raul Grijalva loves fighting for old-fashioned liberal causes like immigration rights, the environment, unions and strong social programs
Once in the U.S., immigrants find themselves in a land of contradictions, facing an uncertain welcome, sometimes even from other Latinos
This special issue of High Country News takes an on-the-ground look at the human landscape of illegal immigration in the West
- Carol Bartlett on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought