As the Latino population of Nebraska grows, some locals worry, while others rejoice in the state's increasing diversity.
David Madrid has become a student again, a 30-year-old former dropout now eagerly working for his high school diploma.
Arizona Congressman Raul Grijalva loves fighting for old-fashioned liberal causes like immigration rights, the environment, unions and strong social programs
Once in the U.S., immigrants find themselves in a land of contradictions, facing an uncertain welcome, sometimes even from other Latinos
This special issue of High Country News takes an on-the-ground look at the human landscape of illegal immigration in the West
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust