Tens of thousands are deported each year for accepting plea deals. Now they will have a new way to fight back.
As the Latino population of Nebraska grows, some locals worry, while others rejoice in the state's increasing diversity.
David Madrid has become a student again, a 30-year-old former dropout now eagerly working for his high school diploma.
Arizona Congressman Raul Grijalva loves fighting for old-fashioned liberal causes like immigration rights, the environment, unions and strong social programs
Once in the U.S., immigrants find themselves in a land of contradictions, facing an uncertain welcome, sometimes even from other Latinos
Illegal border crossers face a dangerous journey filled with heat, dust, flies and thirst, and always the danger of capture and deportation
This special issue of High Country News takes an on-the-ground look at the human landscape of illegal immigration in the West
- Patrick Alexander on Federal-lands ranching: A half-century of decline
- Michael Bryant on Go ahead, control my guns
- Blair French on Right-wing militant charged for planting a bomb at BLM building
- Howard & Heidi Snell on Right-wing militant charged for planting a bomb at BLM building
- Anthony Malone on Right-wing militant charged for planting a bomb at BLM building