The industry hopes Wyoming's coal bonanza lasts another 100 years. But mining's peaks and valleys have never been entirely in its control.
A map of the West's electric grid and graphs of weather related disturbances, the balance between regional systems, and the impact of geographic smoothing on renewable energy.
The state’s Parks and Wildlife department is studying how the big cats live in the state’s urbanized Front Range in hopes of helping people coexist with them.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation