Energy & Industry
A more secure safety net for workers in transition means higher taxes, a tradeoff many Americans oppose.
Legislative barriers to more widespread community solar remain, although some states are taking action.
Conservation, wilderness and water provisions long in the works were added to the massive energy bill.
The coal company has declared bankruptcy and is backing away from a project that sparked environmental concerns.
Advocates hope the timber-rich state’s decision to ditch coal could help revive the struggling industry.
Low prices have energy companies and communities reeling as rig counts plummet and unemployment climbs.
- Herb & Dale Simmons on One Way to Save the Wolf? Hunt It.
- Giles Goat-Boy on Was the Bears Ears designation a victory?
- Mark Rozman on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations
- Dale Lockwood on Old mines still plague Montana's Clark Fork
- Kate Schimel on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations