Energy & Industry
The coal company has declared bankruptcy and is backing away from a project that sparked environmental concerns.
Advocates hope the timber-rich state’s decision to ditch coal could help revive the struggling industry.
Low prices have energy companies and communities reeling as rig counts plummet and unemployment climbs.
Regulators don’t link industry to contamination — but testing shows the pollution came after drilling.
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Shelley Ellis on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Jan Hearthstone on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Tiffy Squid on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists