Energy & Industry
The largest drilling boom in Western history is ending as new technologies make it easier to get shale gas from other parts of the country.
Ken Salazar, the new secretary of the Interior, supports renewable energy and is willing to stand up to the powerful oil and gas industry.
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Randy Piper on Bark beetle kill leads to more severe fires, right? Well, maybe
- Delaine Spilsbury on The water czar who reshaped Colorado River politics