Energy & Industry
Urban sprawl, energy development, agriculture and forestry have an ever-larger footprint on the West.
Lead poisoning in children is underreported nationwide, and the West’s lack of data is particularly glaring.
A more secure safety net for workers in transition means higher taxes, a tradeoff many Americans oppose.
Legislative barriers to more widespread community solar remain, although some states are taking action.
Conservation, wilderness and water provisions long in the works were added to the massive energy bill.
The coal company has declared bankruptcy and is backing away from a project that sparked environmental concerns.
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Dale Lockwood on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Regina Johnson on Go ahead, wander your way
- Paulette Bierzychudek on Obama’s mixed impact on endangered species
- Charles Fox on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators