Energy & Industry
Proponents say that underground coal gasification could produce cleaner energy, but some environmentalists have their doubts.
New York City fights drilling in its watershed, and even some energy executives say the industry needs to be more transparent about the chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing.
Not all environmentalists believe that pumped hydroelectric storage projects are a good way to achieve more renewable energy.
In a controversial resolution, Hopi and Navajo politicians have told environmentalists – including grassroots Indian groups – that they are not welcome on the Rez.
Aldo Leopold advocated many conservation methods, but perhaps most important, he advocated a land ethic.
A controversial proposed land swap reveals the growing rift between Maricopa Audubon and a new and wealthier rival -- Audubon Arizona.
That candy bar you're eating may have been made with genetically modified beets that were illegally approved.
- Ricardo Small on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane