Energy & Industry
California’s beautiful Mineral King Valley was deeply wounded by hardrock mining, but now it is on its way to wilderness protection.
Jonathan Thompson says that Barack Obama -- caught between the threat of global warming and demands for energy independence -- is unlikely to end drilling in the West.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation