Energy & Industry
A collage of images from Wyoming's wind country, where turbines are sprouting madly, and forces within the state are blowing back.
Oil and gas companies are furious with Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, but environmentalists wonder if he’ll go far enough in restraining the industry.
We all become NIMBYs when development threatens our favorite landscapes – even conservative oilmen like Wyoming’s Diemer True.
Wyoming is one of the best places in the world to generate power from wind. But the wind rush is running into opposition from greens, and the fossil fuel industry.
Wyoming's sage grouse protection strategy gives fossil fuel elbow room while leaving wind energy out in the breeze.
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Bob Hartung on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Wylie Cox on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Richard Crow on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- Sarah Tory on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town