Energy & Industry
Wyoming's sage grouse protection strategy gives fossil fuel elbow room while leaving wind energy out in the breeze.
Proponents say that underground coal gasification could produce cleaner energy, but some environmentalists have their doubts.
New York City fights drilling in its watershed, and even some energy executives say the industry needs to be more transparent about the chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing.
Not all environmentalists believe that pumped hydroelectric storage projects are a good way to achieve more renewable energy.
In a controversial resolution, Hopi and Navajo politicians have told environmentalists – including grassroots Indian groups – that they are not welcome on the Rez.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle