Energy & Industry
A Wyoming farmer battles industry and bureaucracy trying to find out whether hydraulic fracturing -- used in natural gas drilling -- polluted his drinking water.
California Republican state Sen. Sam Blakeslee questions the Nuclear Regulatory Commission about the safety of the state’s nuclear plants.
Columbia Energy Partners plans to build four 104-MW wind farms with 40 to 60 turbines each on Steens Mountain. East and West Ridge will be on private land inside the protected area boundaries, Echanis on private land just outside the protected area and Riddle Mountain on state land.
- After attack, the country’s oldest park ranger is back at work
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Emotions run high over monument designation in Utah
- BLM moves away from landmark Northwest Forest Plan
- How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- Steve Snyder on What can we still learn from Edward Abbey, 25 years after his death?
- David W Hamilton on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- David W Hamilton on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Brant Hayenga on BLM moves away from landmark Northwest Forest Plan
- David W Hamilton on What can we still learn from Edward Abbey, 25 years after his death?