Energy & Industry
A collage of images from Wyoming's wind country, where turbines are sprouting madly, and forces within the state are blowing back.
Oil and gas companies are furious with Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, but environmentalists wonder if he’ll go far enough in restraining the industry.
We all become NIMBYs when development threatens our favorite landscapes – even conservative oilmen like Wyoming’s Diemer True.
Wyoming is one of the best places in the world to generate power from wind. But the wind rush is running into opposition from greens, and the fossil fuel industry.
Wyoming's sage grouse protection strategy gives fossil fuel elbow room while leaving wind energy out in the breeze.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day