Energy & Industry
A family hike along the Pacific Coast Trail becomes an exhilarating encounter with the fierce storm gods of Washington's wild Olympic Peninsula.
Colorado's economic slump forced Gov. Ritter to increase his support for natural gas, and Nevada voters may force hardrock mining to pay more in state taxes.
Hardrock mining's outsized political power in Nevada may finally be eroding, thanks to state budget woes.
- Deb Dedon on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- Deb Dedon on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Daniel Smith on A door squeaks open for rural energy independence
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Rick Beauheim on EPA says fracking could contaminate drinking water