Energy & Industry
Maps, charts and text locate the nation's major renewable energy resources and some big projects on Western public land.
Vaclav Smil is a historian who exemplifies Vulcan-style logic and skepticism when it comes to easy solutions to energy problems.
Fred Logg's small solar system powers some lights, his laptop and a small refrigerator -- but the energy source has its limitations.
The Sierra Club's Carl Zichella discusses the balancing act involved in finding the best -- and least environmentally sensitive -- places to put big renewable energy projects
In Colorado and New Mexico, some rural electric cooperatives are quietly fighting to get more of their power from local and renewable sources.
Are wind-turbine-fighting environmentalists re-enacting Don Quixote's crusade against windmills -- while ignoring the real monster of climate change?
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation