Energy & Industry
A conservation fund provided by an energy company enrages ranchers across Oregon, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming.
The Navajo Nation's proposed 1,500-megawatt coal plant always rested on shaky ground. Now, it may collapse entirely.
Imperial Oil's plan to transport gigantic equipment to Alberta, Canada, will require major work on highways in Idaho and Montana.
Although most Nevadans seemed in favor of a hardrock mining tax increase, an initiative that proposed to do just that never made it to the ballot.
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans