Energy & Industry
Suddenly, everyone is eyeing the West's rare-earth deposits, but mining and processing the metals will not be easy.
Forward-thinking towns and cities are lighting their streets with LEDs -- light-emitting diodes -- that save both energy and money.
Mule deer on Wyoming's Pinedale Anticline are struggling, and the BLM's adaptive management plan has done nothing to help.
Rural Lake County, Ore., has gone from a timber economy to one based on producing - and exporting - renewable energy.
A tar sands development proposed for Utah is insane on every level: economically, environmentally and just practically.
- Candace Oathout on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Stephen Hall on Rants from the Hill: Reno is a desert city with a river heart
- Kent Udell on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- The Taylors on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked
- Stu Williams on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked