Energy & Industry
Wold Oil Properties is a wildcatter - a small company that explores for oil and gas in areas where the fuels aren't known to exist in valuable quantities.
The word "fracking" has great PR value for environmental activists, but it seems to be completely taking over the debate over oil and gas development.
The gas industry and its political partners are going to great lengths to try to derail and discredit an EPA report that blames Pavillion, Wyoming’s polluted water on hydraulic fracking.
An InsideClimate News comparison shows that, of the six states the proposed pipeline moves through, only Montana has authority to re-route the pipeline, and Kansas has given TransCanada a 10-year tax exemption.
The "overeducated cowboy" Raymond Ansotegui roams the West in the "Shaggin' Wagon," artificially inseminating cattle with the help of friends and family.
After a hard-fought political campaign the town of Boulder passed a ballot initiative allowing it to create its own municipal utility in order to help reach its ambitious environmental goals.
LED light bulbs will light up your life -- and reduce the need for new, polluting coal power plants.
- Mike Chiropolos on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock
- Krista Langlois on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock
- Greg Lind on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock
- Greg Lind on Army Corps denies crucial DAPL easement
- Rod Robertson on Latest: California’s tree die-off is bigger than you thought