Energy & Industry
There just aren't enough slaughterhouses for small poultry farms in Oregon and other Western states.
A graphic shows how Western states stack up against Texas and the Eastern U.S. when it comes to oil and gas drilling.
Cally Carswell talks with HCN contributing editor Judith Lewis about the muscle the feds are putting behind solar energy development on public land.
In Kern County, Calif., the oil industry shares land and water with fruit-growers and farmers -- not always comfortably.
Sportsmen convince energy company to strengthen environmental protections by promising to support development
- George Winters on What Mt. Hood’s fading summer ski season means
- John F Mijer on Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Gary Beverly on Does optimism have a place in Western water politics?
- John Worlock on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Todd Vogel/Iversen on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point