Energy & Industry
A collage of images from Wyoming's wind country, where turbines are sprouting madly, and forces within the state are blowing back.
Oil and gas companies are furious with Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, but environmentalists wonder if he’ll go far enough in restraining the industry.
We all become NIMBYs when development threatens our favorite landscapes – even conservative oilmen like Wyoming’s Diemer True.
Wyoming is one of the best places in the world to generate power from wind. But the wind rush is running into opposition from greens, and the fossil fuel industry.
Wyoming's sage grouse protection strategy gives fossil fuel elbow room while leaving wind energy out in the breeze.
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Jim Scarborough on For climate activists, a bright spot in a dismal election
- Tim McKimmie on Dear Forest Service: Today’s John Muir shoots video
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies