Energy & Industry
There just aren't enough slaughterhouses for small poultry farms in Oregon and other Western states.
A graphic shows how Western states stack up against Texas and the Eastern U.S. when it comes to oil and gas drilling.
Cally Carswell talks with HCN contributing editor Judith Lewis about the muscle the feds are putting behind solar energy development on public land.
In Kern County, Calif., the oil industry shares land and water with fruit-growers and farmers -- not always comfortably.
Sportsmen convince energy company to strengthen environmental protections by promising to support development
- Josh Zaffos on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- MIKE CHIROPOLOS on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- Dana Lang on The real Washington vampire story
- Dana Lang on The Quileute Reservation copes with tourists brought by "Twilight"
- William Mullane on How right-wing emigrants conquered North Idaho