Energy & Industry
Recent activity halts mining in sensitive areas, but push for more mining and uranium processing facilities continues
The Bureau of Land Management is working with landscape architects and camouflage experts to better disguise renewable energy infrastructure on public lands.
Young people are eager to serve as unpaid interns on organic farms, but translating their dreams into a real, self-supporting lifestyle is proving harder.
The town of Opportunity, Mont., is weighed down by pollution from old copper mining and a modern-day river restoration project.
California wineries hope to log 2,000 acres of redwoods to grow more grapes. Bottle of pinot to go with that clearcut?
Richard S. Wheeler's historical novel dramatizes the rivalry between the "Copper Kings" in 19th century Butte, Mont.
- Reality Check on Analyst: FBI let Malheur militants save face to end occupation
- Michael Parker on Can we make sense of the Malheur mess?
- Karl Anderson on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Mike & Lorri Benefield on Can we make sense of the Malheur mess?
- Steve Snyder on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff