Energy & Industry
The next generation of engineered seeds will escalate herbicide spraying, with potentially large environmental consequences.
Environmentalists are trying to buy out oil and gas leases in national forests, including the Wyoming Range and Thompson Creek Divide, while the drillers often have their way in the desert and sagebrush.
A new form of geothermal energy has the potential to revolutionize U.S. power production, if costs come down.
As the pipeline route is decided, ranchers worry about impacts to water quality in the case of spills
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Shelley Ellis on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Jan Hearthstone on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Tiffy Squid on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists