Energy & Industry
Teacher Ted Pendergrass and his students take us inside the first high school in the country devoted to oil production.
The EPA will not regulate greenhouse gas emissions from biomass facilities for the next three years.
There just aren't enough slaughterhouses for small poultry farms in Oregon and other Western states.
A graphic shows how Western states stack up against Texas and the Eastern U.S. when it comes to oil and gas drilling.
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Steve Snyder on Making a monument from scratch
- Deb Dedon on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- Deb Dedon on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking