Energy & Industry
The founder of Western Watersheds Project will retire, but remains vigilant against "welfare ranching."
Canadian governments back proposals for more than a dozen new mines along salmon-rich rivers that flow to the Alaska coast.
A controversial proposal for the nation’s biggest chunk of public land aims to allow energy development -- and protect wildlife.
The next generation of engineered seeds will escalate herbicide spraying, with potentially large environmental consequences.
Environmentalists are trying to buy out oil and gas leases in national forests, including the Wyoming Range and Thompson Creek Divide, while the drillers often have their way in the desert and sagebrush.
- Paulette Bierzychudek on Obama’s mixed impact on endangered species
- Charles Fox on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Bryan T Burke on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Shelley Stallings on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Thomas Arvensis on Real reporting for a divided country