Energy & Industry
As production from unconventional reserves ramps up, students are flooding into university and technical programs supporting oil and gas development.
The founder of Western Watersheds Project will retire, but remains vigilant against "welfare ranching."
Canadian governments back proposals for more than a dozen new mines along salmon-rich rivers that flow to the Alaska coast.
A controversial proposal for the nation’s biggest chunk of public land aims to allow energy development -- and protect wildlife.
- Dale Lockwood on Reckoning at Standing Rock
- David W Hamilton on What we’re reading about the Bundy trial in Oregon
- Clay Dusel on New measures could reduce Glen Canyon Dam’s impact on the Grand Canyon — a bit
- David W Hamilton on ‘These big dreams to have everyone prosper’
- Dale Lockwood on Trump met with a leader of the land transfer movement