Energy & Industry
The federal government should continue to support wind power with the Production Tax Credit, which provides stability in the industry.
Oil refineries pose serious health hazards for nearby residents as well as workers, as the recent explosion in Richmond and other incidents, like one in Sinclair, Wyo., have made clear.
In Arctic Voices: Resistance at the Tipping Point, renowned photographer Subhankar Banerjee hears from 39 writers, biologists, activists and Native Americans about the need to save the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
Calgary-based U.S. Oil Sands says it's ready to take its exploratory effort in eastern Utah’s Tavaputs Plateau commercial.
Ambitious schemes to build railroads and ports to ship Powder River Basin coal abroad will bring pollution and traffic to communities along the transport path, who are rising up in protest.
The author attends a peculiar reunion, a meeting with the former Exxon executives who pulled the plug on oil shale three decades ago.
HCN talks with Eric Sanford of SG Interests about the politics of energy development, split estate, and more.
- jay weston on National Park Week fails to change the game
- Ben DeJarnette on A millennial mayor and his timber town
- Pam Roylance on Photos: Inside the controversial sport of coyote coursing
- Ed Morrow on Thousands of fish die in Colorado, amid flood recovery projects
- Richard Jones on National Park Week fails to change the game