Energy & Industry
By lowering tariffs and regulatory hurdles, the deal could make it easier to sell natural gas to Japan.
Questions remain over whether the bill prohibits certain data collection on federal land or just private and state.
Scientists, planes and instruments descend on San Juan Basin to find roots of the massive greenhouse gas hotspot.
Many communities fight transport of crude oil through their towns; some find legal footing to succeed.
The war between the fossil fuel industry and Big Green may boil down to who can tell the best story.
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington