Energy & Industry
The protests are fueled by a diverse array of causes, from tribal sovereignty to fossil fuel dependence.
Background on the Standing Rock Sioux pipeline protests and how social media and climate activism raised their profile.
Boaters are joining wildlife advocates, farmers and power companies to parcel out each cubic foot of Western rivers.
A new study from the Energy Information Administration finds the Clean Power Plan speeds coal’s decline.
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Shelley Ellis on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Jan Hearthstone on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Tiffy Squid on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists