Energy & Industry
Advocates hope the timber-rich state’s decision to ditch coal could help revive the struggling industry.
Low prices have energy companies and communities reeling as rig counts plummet and unemployment climbs.
Regulators don’t link industry to contamination — but testing shows the pollution came after drilling.
- David Bittner on A couple living off-the-grid fought water law — and won
- Tom Darnell on Humans and ecosystems mix it up on the U.S. - Mexico Borderlands
- Adam Hannuksela on How do Trump and Clinton differ on conservation?
- Robin Switzer on Humans and ecosystems mix it up on the U.S. - Mexico Borderlands
- Mark York on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest