Energy & Industry
Scientists, planes and instruments descend on San Juan Basin to find roots of the massive greenhouse gas hotspot.
Many communities fight transport of crude oil through their towns; some find legal footing to succeed.
The war between the fossil fuel industry and Big Green may boil down to who can tell the best story.
Energy extracted from federal lands accounts for nearly one-quarter of all energy-related emissions.
- Ricardo Small on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane