Energy & Industry
The protests are fueled by a diverse array of causes, from tribal sovereignty to fossil fuel dependence.
Background on the Standing Rock Sioux pipeline protests and how social media and climate activism raised their profile.
Boaters are joining wildlife advocates, farmers and power companies to parcel out each cubic foot of Western rivers.
A new study from the Energy Information Administration finds the Clean Power Plan speeds coal’s decline.
- Mike Sennett on Go ahead, control my guns
- Barbara Ullian on How to love a weird and perfect wilderness
- John Wahoff on It’s not the Wild West anymore. Look before you shoot.
- Tom Kinnane on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report
- Gerald Burton on Back to civics class: 10 things to know about Standing Rock