Energy & Industry
Lead poisoning in children is underreported nationwide, and the West’s lack of data is particularly glaring.
A more secure safety net for workers in transition means higher taxes, a tradeoff many Americans oppose.
Legislative barriers to more widespread community solar remain, although some states are taking action.
Conservation, wilderness and water provisions long in the works were added to the massive energy bill.
The coal company has declared bankruptcy and is backing away from a project that sparked environmental concerns.
Advocates hope the timber-rich state’s decision to ditch coal could help revive the struggling industry.
- Kent Matowitz on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Katherine Fiveash on Ranch Diaries: How to have a clear head and rested heart
- Kent Matowitz on Let’s be clear: TSA’s new tactics are bribery
- Blair French on How Shelton Johnson became the Buffalo Soldiers’ champion
- Ruby Ram on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence