Energy & Industry
Nation’s largest fishing port was already short on housing. With Shell in town, locals say things are getting worse.
The constitutionalist group Oath Keepers is defending a mine that the Forest Service says is out of compliance.
State attorney general may challenge the emissions limit, though a top state environment official supports it.
The Supreme Court wants the Environmental Protection Agency to weigh human health against costs to industry.
Supreme Court decision is a setback to one of the biggest environmental actions of the Obama administration.
- After attack, the country’s oldest park ranger is back at work
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Emotions run high over monument designation in Utah
- BLM moves away from landmark Northwest Forest Plan
- How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- Steve Snyder on What can we still learn from Edward Abbey, 25 years after his death?
- David W Hamilton on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- David W Hamilton on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Brant Hayenga on BLM moves away from landmark Northwest Forest Plan
- David W Hamilton on What can we still learn from Edward Abbey, 25 years after his death?