Energy & Industry
Scientists, planes and instruments descend on San Juan Basin to find roots of the massive greenhouse gas hotspot.
Many communities fight transport of crude oil through their towns; some find legal footing to succeed.
The war between the fossil fuel industry and Big Green may boil down to who can tell the best story.
Energy extracted from federal lands accounts for nearly one-quarter of all energy-related emissions.
In the wake of recent oil-train derailments, Skagit County wants Shell to do a full environmental review.
- John H Marble on The view from the top of the food chain
- Charles Fox on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Kate Schimel on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Doug Pineo on Ducks Unlimited fires writer over stream access fracas
- Stephen/Kathlee Martinek on The life of a once-lost dog