Energy & Industry
The federal government’s decision on Dakota Access pipeline could signal a shift in U.S.-tribal relations.
Protesters react to the decision to halt construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline near the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation.
The staff of High Country News discuss the inherent paradoxes in the president-elect’s campaign promises.
Keeping track of rulemaking, policy decisions and other last actions before the Trump administration’s inauguration.
Will laid-off energy workers get their jobs back? No. Regulations have nothing to do with this bust.
- Barbara Ullian on How to love a weird and perfect wilderness
- John Wahoff on It’s not the Wild West anymore. Look before you shoot.
- Tom Kinnane on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report
- Gerald Burton on Back to civics class: 10 things to know about Standing Rock
- Steve Snyder on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report