Energy & Industry
A new Colorado air quality law pits coal against natural gas -- and rural environmentalists against urban ones.
A family hike along the Pacific Coast Trail becomes an exhilarating encounter with the fierce storm gods of Washington's wild Olympic Peninsula.
Colorado's economic slump forced Gov. Ritter to increase his support for natural gas, and Nevada voters may force hardrock mining to pay more in state taxes.
Hardrock mining's outsized political power in Nevada may finally be eroding, thanks to state budget woes.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle