Energy & Industry
Scientists, planes and instruments descend on San Juan Basin to find roots of the massive greenhouse gas hotspot.
Many communities fight transport of crude oil through their towns; some find legal footing to succeed.
A conservation fund provided by an energy company enrages ranchers across Oregon, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming.
The Navajo Nation's proposed 1,500-megawatt coal plant always rested on shaky ground. Now, it may collapse entirely.
Imperial Oil's plan to transport gigantic equipment to Alberta, Canada, will require major work on highways in Idaho and Montana.
- Nathan Johnson on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- jan slater on An audience for old Indians
- Robb Cadwell on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Thomas Bliss on Raccoonboy’s guide to urban wilds
- Kevin Bates on A wanderer’s guide to Western public lands