Energy & Industry
Our neighbor to the north has taken an aggressively anti-climate, pro-pipeline tack. But the upcoming election could change that.
Alaska’s pragmatic senator wants to reshape America’s energy policy. You just don’t want to see her when she’s angry.
Mule deer on Wyoming's Pinedale Anticline are struggling, and the BLM's adaptive management plan has done nothing to help.
Rural Lake County, Ore., has gone from a timber economy to one based on producing - and exporting - renewable energy.
A tar sands development proposed for Utah is insane on every level: economically, environmentally and just practically.
By insisting on buying goods, especially food, as cheaply as possible, we ignore the hidden and occasionally horrendous costs.
Republicans battle Republicans, environmentalists battle environmentalists, over power lines for wind and solar energy.
- Jim Scarborough on Environmentalists on both sides of the border eye Canadian election
- Tony Chiaviello on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Steve Snyder on The Colorado River’s desalination plant is on its last legs
- Art Anderson on Can the pope bridge the climate divide?
- Art Anderson on Environmentalists on both sides of the border eye Canadian election