Energy & Industry
Forward-thinking towns and cities are lighting their streets with LEDs -- light-emitting diodes -- that save both energy and money.
Mule deer on Wyoming's Pinedale Anticline are struggling, and the BLM's adaptive management plan has done nothing to help.
Rural Lake County, Ore., has gone from a timber economy to one based on producing - and exporting - renewable energy.
A tar sands development proposed for Utah is insane on every level: economically, environmentally and just practically.
By insisting on buying goods, especially food, as cheaply as possible, we ignore the hidden and occasionally horrendous costs.
Republicans battle Republicans, environmentalists battle environmentalists, over power lines for wind and solar energy.
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Mark Bailey on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Jim Scarborough on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Sarah Scott on What we've lost in the Methow Valley wildfires