Energy & Industry
Farmers in Nebraska are feeling the pressure from groups that demand better treatment for animals on factory farms.
Master leasing plans, or MLPs, are a new tool designed to help the Bureau of Land Management better coordinate energy leasing and development in areas that may need special treatment or protection.
Four families cooperate on conservation easements in order to save a huge ranch in Colorado from development.
Despite recent headlines, the "drill baby drill" method isn't getting us close to breaking our dependence on foreign oil
In all the fuss about fracking, the many other problems caused by rampant oil and gas development are being overlooked.
Utah considers building a nuclear power plant despite the fact that it's still cleaning up the mess left over from the last uranium boom.
In his State of the Union speech, President Obama tried to please everyone, but even his renewable energy proposals rely on finding more natural gas than may exist.
Although the West supplies most of the nation’s coal, the effects of coal-fired plant emissions are felt much further afield.
At a House hearing, state officials and industry representatives face off against agency and health scientists
Wold Oil Properties is a wildcatter - a small company that explores for oil and gas in areas where the fuels aren't known to exist in valuable quantities.
- Larry Glickfeld on How the livestock industry can help cut greenhouse gas emissions
- Mark Rozman on As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off
- Steve Snyder on How the livestock industry can help cut greenhouse gas emissions
- James Connely on As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off
- Brad & Kathy Holian on How the livestock industry can help cut greenhouse gas emissions