Energy & Industry
The protests are fueled by a diverse array of causes, from tribal sovereignty to fossil fuel dependence.
Background on the Standing Rock Sioux pipeline protests and how social media and climate activism raised their profile.
Boaters are joining wildlife advocates, farmers and power companies to parcel out each cubic foot of Western rivers.
A new study from the Energy Information Administration finds the Clean Power Plan speeds coal’s decline.
- Steve Snyder on The darkness at the heart of Malheur
- Paul Fuhrmann on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty
- Mark Humphrey on The darkness at the heart of Malheur
- Mark Humphrey on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty
- Nancie McCormish on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here’s what I’d like to say to them.