Demand for housing, recreation and energy development means military bases could lose essential buffer land.
Sen. John McCain's proposal would give Border Patrol more immediate access to sensitive borderlands.
- Shelley Ellis on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Jan Hearthstone on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Tiffy Squid on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists
- Richard Clough on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists