Its defenders won a long fight over water with Los Angeles. Now, drought is raising new questions about its future.
The Supreme Court wants the Environmental Protection Agency to weigh human health against costs to industry.
While Oregon and Washington broil, the Southwest and Southern Rockies enjoy a welcome reprieve of moisture
Candidate for Democratic nomination tells Republican presidential hopefuls to heed scientists on global warming.
The controversial Clean Water Act rule protects tributaries with any sign of water, no matter the flow.
- David DuBois on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Dennis Jones on Colorado, other Western states support Syrian refugee program
- Peter Sandrock on Reflecting on the tragedy of the young 'invincibles'
- Roy Frybarger on Colorado, other Western states support Syrian refugee program
- Julia Duin on Charles Bowden on The War Next Door