Ocean acidification, driven by global fossil fuel emissions, is being exacerbated by local pollution.
As the climate warms, mosquitoes thrive, and communities try to figure out how to prevent disease outbreak.
The unexpected stay, plus attempts to block Obama from appointing a Supreme Court justice, energized greens.
The project could divert 86,000 acre-feet from Lake Powell to the retirement community of St. George.
In California, native and endemic plants are slower to shift their ranges in response to climate change, a study shows.
Where enviros are uniting with social justice and tribal rights activists in the Northwest to stop new fossil fuel development.
- Renee Dixon on Stop the rock-stacking
- LaOnda Clark on Photos: A protest over imprisoned ranchers becomes an occupation of a wildlife refuge
- Daniel Greenstadt on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Eric Haggstrom on Balancing the pulls of domesticity and wilderness
- Toby Thaler on Nuclear power divides California’s environmentalists