Its defenders won a long fight over water with Los Angeles. Now, drought is raising new questions about its future.
Scientists are trying to understand what’s released from the nation’s biggest energy producing regions.
The Montana Farmers Union is fighting political polarization with pragmatic discussions about how to adapt and what to expect.
State attorney general may challenge the emissions limit, though a top state environment official supports it.
The Supreme Court wants the Environmental Protection Agency to weigh human health against costs to industry.
While Oregon and Washington broil, the Southwest and Southern Rockies enjoy a welcome reprieve of moisture
- Pat Munday on The Greatest Generation at its worst
- Charles Fox on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Mike Sennett on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- David DuBois on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Dennis Jones on Colorado, other Western states support Syrian refugee program