Scientists, planes and instruments descend on San Juan Basin to find roots of the massive greenhouse gas hotspot.
The war between the fossil fuel industry and Big Green may boil down to who can tell the best story.
As climate change sends bears searching for calories, new research suggests there's no substitute for seals.
Former Reclamation Commissioner Daniel Beard tells how defunct water policy, and the bureau itself, contribute to drought.
A mysterious algae known as “rock snot” is smothering wild rivers — and may hold clues to their future.
Blazes in California and Utah have officials on alert, but what they spell for the coming season is unclear.
- William Mullane on How right-wing emigrants conquered North Idaho
- Ricardo Small on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy