California’s Aliso Canyon is a reminder that methane emissions are widespread, poorly regulated — and ongoing.
A new report shows most states are vulnerable to future increases in extreme heat, drought, and flooding.
The Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan is intended to guide energy development, while protecting wildlife and recreation.
A pair of architects are reinvisioning the city's relationship with water, starting with storm runoff.
Its defenders won a long fight over water with Los Angeles. Now, drought is raising new questions about its future.
- Wendy Beye on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?
- Candace Oathout on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Stephen Hall on Rants from the Hill: Reno is a desert city with a river heart
- Kent Udell on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- The Taylors on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked