Bureau of Land Management
An obscure provision in two environmental laws is the weapon of choice in a bureaucratic Sagebrush Rebellion.
Juan Palma discusses states' rights, landscape-scale planning and how personal history affects public decisions.
Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski and a majority of her colleagues signal support for the pro-transfer movement.
Energy extracted from federal lands accounts for nearly one-quarter of all energy-related emissions.
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- W John Faust on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- David Taft on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- Tom Gandesbery on In the middle of nowhere, a Promised Land