Bureau of Land Management
An obscure provision in two environmental laws is the weapon of choice in a bureaucratic Sagebrush Rebellion.
Juan Palma discusses states' rights, landscape-scale planning and how personal history affects public decisions.
Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski and a majority of her colleagues signal support for the pro-transfer movement.
Energy extracted from federal lands accounts for nearly one-quarter of all energy-related emissions.
- Greg D. Lind on Stop the rock-stacking: a call for an end to cairns
- Paul V. Battaglia on A new report says we're draining our aquifers faster than ever
- Josh Zaffos on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- MIKE CHIROPOLOS on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- Dana Lang on The real Washington vampire story