The report "Montana: Steady State in Transition', examines the hopes and concerns of Montana's citizens.
The Park Service offers a series of monument management conferences at Petroglyph National Monument.
Utah State University will host conference on: Conflicts in Natural Resource Management: Integrating Social and Ecological Concerns.
Several books on the Great Basin are reviewed: "Hiking the Great Basin' by John Hart; "The Hiker's Guide to Nevada' by Bruce Grubbs and "Nevada Mountain Ranges' by George Wuerthner.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Luwella Leonardi on Blood Quantum
- Alaina Huxtable on Blood Quantum