A review of Jason A. Ramos and Julian Smith's “Smokejumper: A Memoir by One of America’s Most Select Airborne Firefighters“
A review of 'The Northern Lights: Celestial Performances of the Aurora Borealis,' by Daryl Pederson and Calvin Hall.
A review of ‘Infamy: The Shocking Story of the Japanese American Internment in World War II,’ by Richard Reeves.
A review of 'Leaving Before the Rains Come,' Alexandra Fuller’s account of her unsteady arc from Zimbabwe to Wyoming
A review of a new way to look at what’s wild and what’s not, in Jason Mark’s 'Satellites in the High Country' and Fred Pearce’s 'The New Wild.'
Bev Magennis once covered houses in colorful tiles. Now she writes novels about murder in the rural West.
- Mike Senchyna on Should this national monument become a national park?
- Tom Darnell on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas
- Karl Anderson on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Jodi Peterson on The beaver whisperer
- Patrick Johnston on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs