In Oregon, a cluster of lakes is drying up — with dire impacts for the millions of migrating birds that survive off them.
With the bird’s non-listing under the Endangered Species Act, expect more of the legal crawl that got us here in the first place.
The greater sage grouse is at the center of the biggest experiment in the history of the Endangered Species Act.
Will an unprecedented collaborative effort and lots of tax dollars be enough to finally save sage grouse?
- Barbara Ullian on How to love a weird and perfect wilderness
- John Wahoff on It’s not the Wild West anymore. Look before you shoot.
- Tom Kinnane on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report
- Gerald Burton on Back to civics class: 10 things to know about Standing Rock
- Steve Snyder on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report