The ranchers of the Western Plains’ shortgrass prairie started a movement to find a less destructive way to farm.
Despite a new environmental justice action plan, the EPA has a poor record of protecting communities of color from toxic environments.
Triangle P cattle know the territory now, so our second summer shouldn’t be as demanding as the last.
Jacob Martinez, founder of Digital NEST, is teaching young Latinos the tech skills they’ll need in a new era of agriculture.
Whether grazing on public land is a ‘right’ or a ‘privilege’ is one of the region’s most contentious issues. Here’s why.
Since the ’50s, Western states have brought in international workers but offer them few of the benefits given other workers.
Borrego Springs, California, was founded on the promise of endless water. Now they must conserve — or else.
- Frances Hohl on How Outward Bound lost, and found, itself
- Dale Lockwood on Right-wing militant charged for planting a bomb at BLM building
- Karl Anderson on Evicted by climate change
- Joe Cosentino on Arizona Rep. Grijalva targets extremism on public lands
- Karl Anderson on Arizona Rep. Grijalva targets extremism on public lands