High Country News - Writers on the Range
A candidate for governor is drawing heat over revelations that he sued to close river access on the Gallatin River.
Advocates for federal-to-state land transfers have overlooked some of the implications, including higher grazing fees.
Montana biologist Chuck Jonkel, who recently passed away, invented bear spray — and saved bears in the process.
It’s too soon to stop water conservation efforts. News of the drought’s end are greatly exaggerated.
Alaska’s attempt to intrude on federal wildlife refuges has incensed the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, for good reason.
- Who’s cutting illegal ski trails in the Santa Fe National Forest?
- Mapping the large-scale loss of natural areas in the West
- Grand Canyon superintendent retires after harassment investigation
- Will the feds change course on Columbia River management?
- As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off
- Steve Snyder on Searching for solutions in the changing rural West
- Marcia Ewell on Revamped chemical safety law gives EPA more power
- Larry Glickfeld on How the livestock industry can help cut greenhouse gas emissions
- Mark Rozman on As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off
- Steve Snyder on How the livestock industry can help cut greenhouse gas emissions