High Country News - Most Recent
In Arizona, three native chub species were reclassified as one, raising concerns about the management of the species.
Environmental DNA surveys found higher diversity of clams and mud-dwelling species in populated Puget Sound.
The privatized parcel within the proposed Bears Ears national monument could be a sign of things to come.
Some environmental groups and social justice advocates are fighting a proposed emissions tax in Washington. What gives?
A Nevada county commissioner says the Republican nominee was receptive to the idea of forcing the feds to turn over public lands.
- Jody Karr on How can we protect our National Parks? Here’s an idea.
- Scott Veirs on A tax on carbon pollution faces surprising opposition
- Jim Bolen on A tax on carbon pollution faces surprising opposition
- David W Hamilton on Comb Ridge parcel sold to highest bidder
- Michael Bryant on Comb Ridge parcel sold to highest bidder