Thanks for your interest in commenting on content on the High Country News website. We encourage you and other readers to share your thoughts and varying opinions in our comment section. To encourage stimulating and civil discussions, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Use your real first and last names, and tell us your e-mail address when you sign up to comment. (We will not share your e-mail address; but we will use it to contact you in case we wish to reprint your comment in our print-magazine edition.)
- Comments should abide by the normal conventions of respectful conversation. In other words, talk to other commenters and moderators the way you would in person.
- Relate your comment to the HCN content.
- Comments may not contain personal attacks, racism, sexism, or hatred; may not use gratuitous profanity.
- Comments may not contain HTML.
- Comments must be less than 500 words.
- All comment moderation is subject to editorial discretion.
High Country News reserves the right to delete comments that do not meet these guidelines. We are not able to screen comments before they are posted; if you feel a comment violates the above guidelines, please notify us at editor[at]hcn[dot]org.
- Angela Sondenaa on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Tom Bleuer on Inauguration day in a county that flipped blue to red
- Steve Scearce on Inauguration day in a county that flipped blue to red
- Jonathan Thompson on Was the Bears Ears designation a victory?
- Randy Albright on Industrial solar shortcomings